Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, November 06, 2004

On Shrek 2

Note: I spelled Shrek correctly this time.

You might not want to read on if you have not yet seen the movie and don't want me spoiling it for you (yeah, like a Disney movie can be very unpredictable.)

I got into the discussion with the girl, CJ, at work. Shrek 2 is one of her favorite movies. So my point is this: I believe that Shrek and the princess should opt to live on in human form instead of Ogre form. Why? Well, I'm a practical person. They've already established the fact that they love each other regardless their looks, so they should choose the form that give them the competitive advantage. Being humans will just save a lot of hassles. And their kids won't have to overcome that fact that they are being judged by their looks.

Let's be honest here. Let along idealism, first impression IS important AND people prefer a more attractive individual over a less attractive one. Two equally quality candidates interview for a job, one is a hot woman. Who do you think will land the job? (Unless, of course, the intervierwer is jealous of her look.) In fact, the hot one is slightly LESS quality than the other candidate. Who do you think will launch the job? All I am saying is: if I can have a competitive advantage, I am not above exercising that power.

If princess can consent to living in Ogre form, Ogre can do the same for her. Afterall, isn't that what love is all about? CJ says that she and her husband love each other the way they are, and that he/she won't want it any other way. I don't have any complaints about hubby's physical form either, but should he choose to work on looking more buff, rest be sure, I am not going to complian.

Have I mentioned that I'm a shallow person? :D

***
Countdown: 19 Days, 438 Hours (subject to changes upon the mercy of the US Navy)