Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

On eBusiness

Two days ago I purchased an exercise equipment through Amazon.com. (Yeah, it's one of those things that can reel almost all women in but most of us won't really use once we got it, those.)

This one:



Apparently it's not sold directly by Amazon.com but one of their partners. What I didn't notice is that the expected delivery time was 2-3 weeks. TWO to THREE WEEKS?? And we are talking about the time before the item is being shipped out, NOT the time it'll take to reach ME! Are they shipping from India or something?

Get this:

Order placed: June 28
Estimated shipping date: July 16
Estimated arrival date: July 21 - July 27

You've GOT to be kidding. Do these people understand the concept of eBusiness? Most eBusiness nowadays ship with 48 hrs (usually 24, the 48 is mainly cushion). When you make a purchase from Amazon.com they always tell you 7-10 days but most of the time I received my items within 5 days -- except for the time when they messed out my order in which case the item never came.

Couple weeks ago I closed an auction on ebay on a Thursday and received on item the following Monday, and that was from NYC, the other side of the country.

I am not waiting an entire month for an item that's shipped within continetal US. If it's still not shipped out by next week, I am cancelling my order. Those who can't afford to have the resources of shipping out their items efficiently should not be doing business online, in my not-no-humble opinion.