Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Pretty Woman. Happy Woman.

I am far from being the prettiest woman on earth, however, last Friday hubby made me arguably one of the happiest women on earth. :)) How? He bought me the prettiest flowers I have ever received. Here's a picture of them:



So here's the story. Hubby and I (mostly I) had decided that we should dine out every Friday night. So we've (again, mostly I) decided to go to Applebee's Restaurant. As soon as we walked in we saw this guy, Chris, making balloon flowers for this little girl, and I was hooked. He then proceeded from table to table making flowers and swords and hats and even alligators for all the kids and I was just pining for one.

I gave hubby puppy eyes but he insisted that it was for kids only. :( Whyyyyy? I'm still a kid at heart!! Finally he ran out of kids to sell balloons to so he started looking for older patrons and hubby finally slyly gestured him over to make me my flowers. ^_^

Hubby said all the women in the restaurant were looking at me and my flowers as we exited, but I didn't notice. :( But I did see this girl and her boyfriend walking toward the restaurant and she let out a cry of excitement when she saw my flowers and never once took her eyes off of them. :D I was sure her boyfriend was thinking, "Oh, no," at the time. :D

Let me tell you, the flowers and hubby and even Chris made me a very happy woman that day. :D (I shall attached balloon flower maker's URL on here later on; I am too lazy to get up and look for the name card right now. :D Check back in you are interested. They also do events. ^_^)

The beauty about these balloon flowers? Just like real flowers, they don't last. :) Anything fleeting is more beautiful than anything that's permanent. :)