Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Clear & Present Danger

I went to get a decal for my little car yesterday so I can go see hubby on base without too much of a hassle. The lady in the office asked me "what his command." The best I could make out of the question was, "Who's his commanding officer." And I was thinking, "Damned if I know who that is." Evidently I am not yet fluent with my military lingo and the lady is not very familiar with working with us civilians. And the two juniors also in the office laughing at me trying to guess the answer didn't help. But we finally figured out what she needed to know was the location (boat) that he works. *rolls eyes*

Drove to the base to have dinner with hubby. On my way back was when I heard the news about "creditable source" about terroristic attacks in the next few months. That had put me in dismay really fast. It was interesting how, merely a week ago, I was going to write in here how I worry more about being killed by a drunk driver than in some terroristic attacks. Well, I stand corrected. I guess there is a difference between living at a place that would most likely not be a potential target than in a metropolis (we moved to San Diego in February). Selfish as it may sound, I guess I do feel better that none of the events that are more likely targets than others are going to be anywhere closeby...

Now the phrase "clear and present danger" really means more than Harrison Ford's movie.