Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, May 21, 2004

The Color Green

Green also known as midori in Japanese, a beautiful female name and also the name of a drink. In US, green is a synonym for money. In the Chinese culture, green sometimes can have the implication of infidelity -- to say a man (fairly gender specific) is wearing a green cap means his (female) partner is cheating on him. The saying is probably gender specific because of China's *polygamous tradition (not anymore, but this saying was probably invented quite a long time ago).

If you ask me what's my favorite color when I was a kid, I would have told you purple and blue. If you ask me now, I'd probably still say my favorite color is blue. I've never really looked at green when I was a kid. Green is, like a "nice guy," it's there, but nobody ever pays it any attention. But the color green had somehow found its way into my life.

First a green bagpack, followed by a green sweater. Next thing you know I bought my husband an entire wardrobe of green outfits. We have two green cars. My blog is predominately green. If I could have my ways, I'll probably have a green cat. I found green to be such a soothing color, no wonder it's referred to as one of the "earth tones." Isn't it strange how ones preferences just change so subtlely in life -- from like to dislike, or vice versa -- sometimes without one even noticing.

*��瑚犖��舫◢瘚�, 憟喃犖��臭��瘚�