Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, May 27, 2004

De javu

Long time ago I read this story in the Issac Asimov Science Fiction Magazine about the world just started to change on this guy, and it was a very slow process. It started one more when he woke up and went to work and started noticing these small changes--the wall is a different shade of color, some minor features of the car were different (I can't remember exactly what was different.) And everyday from that day on he'd wake up to some small changes. Gradually the world changed into something that he was totally unfamilar with. (One of the bits I do remember was that one day he want to work and everybody has a lizard on their shoulder, and was questioning him what happened to his. If anyone know which story it is, please, please, please do let me know.) What was the deep meaning of the story I do not know. I am not very good at subtety. If I have to make an educated guess, that the world changes slowly everyday to something that we don't recognize anymore? :D

Today felt like one of those days for me. I was to go in to work at noon. Well, for a temporary, hourly person, the "extra time" off is not necessarily a good thing. Anyways, I couldn't really go to bed late because I was already pretty tired by 10, and I therefore could not sleep past 7:30 AM. I was watching Jay Leno show from last night at 8:30 AM. (I got into Jay Leno show, maybe the trend will stay, maybe not.) Moped around most morning because my schedule was "off" and I have no idea what to do with the extra time. Drove to work and seeing a different crowd than normal on the street. Got to work and my coworker had "cleaned up" the shared hard drive so everything looked a little bit "off." I am having a de javu moment with the guy in that story. :)