Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The Five Senses

I think I have overdeveloped senses. But I don't mean Clark Kent kind of overdeveloped. And I am not bragging, mainly because I don't think it's a particular good thing. That only means I am very susceptable to outside influence.

Sense of smell: fragrance strongly affects my mood. A nice one elevates my mood almost instantaneously. I especially like the msytic garden smell of glade freshener. :)

Taste: Well, as with most of us from Hong Kong, we love our food, it ranks very high in our priority list. Almost ALL of the Chinese blogs that I've been to inevitably talk about food. "My wife made blah, blah, blah." "We went to this restuarant and we ordered blah, blah, blah." My husband said I have "widened his horizon" as far as food is concerned. :)

Sight: eh. That's long shot. Read too much when I was a kid. :)

Tactile: I LOVE touching things, especially soft and furry stuff (don't all women?): stuff animals, my cat, hubby (?). Breeze, sunny day with light breeze makes me feel like I am in Heaven.

Sound: This is about my worse area. I almost can't stand noise at all, even white, background noise. My heart sinks everyday when my colleague turns on her little radio (at a VERY reasonable volume, mind you). If I hear background noises for a prolonged period of time, I can literally turn homicidal.

Now my favorite Sunday pass time is to lounge around in bed, reading, light breeze through the window and hubby listening to music in the living room (I can't stand being right next to the source of music). I give my husband a lot of credit for putting up with my inability to tolerate sound. I always have to tell him to "turn down the volume." But lately, I've finally getting more used to him listening to music around me, or read next to him while he is watching TV. That must be the power of love. :)