Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, May 09, 2004

My life in a nutshell

So much to do, not enough time. Twenty-four hours a day is just not enough. I always find myself wanting to do five tasks at the same time, if only I could. Hubby sometimes complaints that he is bored. Boy, do I wish I could steal his extra hours and make them mine. :) Of course, the time will still count as his, else I'll grow old a lot faster than him!! :)

This reminds me of an old, old (Chinese) science fiction story that I've read. I guess the name can loosely be translated into "The Time Meter (憭拚�瑕�唬�����)." And I think it's by 撘萇頂���.

The story started with a woman riding a taxi. She looked bored so the taxi driver asked her if she was, and that if she was bored all the time. She said yes. So he hander her this little timer/meter thingie, and told her to click the button from now on, whenever she was bored, and the time would fly by for her. He told her he'd return in a year and collect the meter from her. A year went by and surely enough he returned for his device. He looked and was very pleased with the time that he had collected from her. She asked him what it was for. So he explained to her that he had designed it himself, it stores unwanted hours of others and he can use them as his own, because he has so many things he wanted to do and see. She asked if he just give the devices to anyone he came into contact with. He said he only gave it to those that looked like that have a lot of free time, else it would just be a waste of his device. She was fascinated by the idea and asked him to take her with him. He hesitated, dividing the time between two person, he would only get half of what he had collected. I think at the end he left without her.

Ahhh, don't I wish I have one of those little devices. :)