Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Oh My Gosh aka Banana

I accidentally bummed into this site called "BananaBlog.net" today. Which I found odd cause I thought I have a pretty unique (bizarre) name for a blog. So naturally I followed the link to the site. And to my surprised, the owner of the blog is also a Western born Asian. Now that's a lot of coincidents! Then I realized "banana" is also a term use to refer to "Western born Asians" -- yellow on the outside and white on the inside. Get it? Get it? That was SO not my intention when I picked this name! Here's how the name BananaTreeHouse came into being:

I just read this book called "Everybody has their own coffee tree" (瘥����鈭粹�賣��銝�璉萄惇��潸�芸楛��������⊥邦) by 璇���瑞�� (Yeah! The book is in Chinese!) and I really liked the book. She spent a lot of time describing coffee and coffee beans and coffee trees in her book so I've grew really fond of coffee trees. BUT naming my blog coffee tree OR coffee tree house will sound too much like a cafe (and I don't even drink coffee) so I picked the next thing that came to mind, and you guessed it--banana. In retrospect, I should have picked Guava or Papaya, if nothing else, it's not exotic (tropical, which could also be interpreted as a hint of Asian :). Ah well, now I have already grown fond of the name I am unwilling to let go of it. Not to mention I just got a link from another blogger today! Oh I am so happy. :)

For the time being, this is going to have to stay as BananaTreeHouse.