Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Japanese Heater -- Kotatsu

So the weather is starting to turn cold in good ol' Sacramento. Needless to say, the gas bill is starting to rise. And sometimes I just do not want to get out from underneath the warm and fuzzy blanket. And this is the time when I really, REALLY want a kotatsu.

What is a kotatsu?



First you have a table.



Then you put a quilt over it.



Then you put another solid table top over it.



See, there's an infrared heating unit UNDERNEATH the original table to keep you nice and toasty.



Even kitties like that!! :)

Photo credit: Sushicam

Oh look, you can buy just the heating unit (from J-Life International at the low, low price of US$199.95) and slap it on your very own coffee table. :D



I can't WAIT to tell my white hubby about this absolutely BRILLIANT idea so he can say to me, "You want to put a WHAT WHERE??!!" Followed by, "And WHY?!" Then upon explanation, roll his eyes, shake his head, turn and walk away. XD Oh, the joy of cross-cultural marriage. ^_^

***
Countdown: 5 Days, 97 Hours (grossly inaccurate)