Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, March 18, 2005

Movie Review: Flight of the Phoenix

Thanks to unemployment, I am back to my two-movie-a-day life style (okay, maybe just one, but I am working on it).

The movie delivered exactly what it promised, nothing more, nothing less. The story premise was a plane crash stranded a group of individuals in the Kobe desert and they were going to build another plane out of the old one to fly themselves out of there. It was pretty much a predictable movie -- accidents happened, they were set back, squabbling among the group, lost a few people to various incidents, and finally the ones left made out alive.

Following are the spoiler part. Do not read any further if you plan on watching the movie:

The part that irked me was how the group reacted when the found out the "engineered" whom directly them to build the plane actually built remote control toy planes for a living. They felt for sure that they were not going ot make it out of the desert in the plane that they build. Oh, for the love of God, they were all going to die anyway, what's taking a chance? I have no idea what was there to bitch about.

Other than that, a solid movie.