Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Recommended Reading of the Day

Yeah, I know, I've already exceeding my daily recommending quota by one. This one really should belong to yesterday, but I was far too stressed out about writing my stupid resume along with a stupid cover letter to be blogging. Now that I've got those earthly stuff out of the way, I am free to go visit BlockBuster Video tonight. ^_^ Hurrah to their no late fee plans.

So I've always enjoyed job browsing (only serious hunting recently) on Craigslist.org. They always have some odd end jobs that I've never seen elsewhere, i.e. extras for TV shows/commercials. I almost could have been an extra on Memoirs of a Geisha, one of my favorite book! T_T

Hubby is a bit skeptical about postings for CFO or Scientist on Craigslist. Well, he's just a skeptic, what can I say? I think by posting on Craiglist, one has already eliminated a handful of undesirable candidates. Who still look at want ads on a traditional newspaper? It's an equivalent of using snail mail instead of email. That's so yesterday!

Interestingly enough, since I've only been going to Craigslist for job postings, I never realized that the left 2/3 of the homepage existed. :D Speaking of tunnel vision, huh? Evidently there are a lot more to Craigslist than job postings and items exchange.

Hubby kindly pointed out this "best-of-craigslist" section to me one day. And because of the slow working situation at my current temp job (4th one since I've started this blog), I suddenly found myself having all the time in the world to explore this site.

So I came across this article yesterday. I am not going to transpose the entire article onto my blog, here are part of the article:

2. I have a dent puller suction cup thing I bought to pull a dent on my car, worked great, so now I pull dents out of stranger's cars when they're not looking, I find this quite satisfying.

Don't ask me why, but I found that statement absolutely hilarious. And

9. I still eat Cocoa Puffs and watch cartoons in a tent in my living room sometimes.

I suppose if you are in love with the guy, you'd probably find it cute that he'd still eat cereal inside his tent in his living room, but Cocoa Puffs?? What poor choice of cereal! :D

I want to read the rest of the rant and raves on Craiglist but because of the potential unsuitable content, I was afraid to read them at work. T_T