Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Thanks GOD!

A judge ruled Monday that California's ban on same-sex marriage violates the state's constitution, saying the state could no longer justify limiting marriage to a man and a woman

It is so nice to see that there are still VOICES OF REASONING exist in this country and that we are not yet overran by vile and hateful fundamentalists.

To those who are trying to defend the institution of marriage, for the love of God, please go crucify those HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES who were married and divorced MULTIPLE times. So people make mistakes, but three PLUS times? Oh, c'mon. I personally met this guy one time, a successful guy in his career, I presume, phD holder, owns his own company, yet looks and talks like Howard Stern, IN A REGULAR WORK ENVIRONMENT. Personally, I think that was quite unacceptable (it's not a radio show, I couldn't tune him off). Regardless, that wasn't the point of bringing this gentleman up. He has been married FIVE times, twice to the same women. I couldn't help but blurted out, "Why?" Yeah, one of these days (if not already) my big mouth is going to get me into a lot of trouble. He said, "Because I was taught to marry the person that I am in love with." Um... okay. If the getting married and getting a divorce is NOT devaluing the institution of marriage. Ladies and Gentlemen, you want to talk about defending the traditional one man one woman value.

Oh, and what about that guy who married FOUR different women WITHOUT divorcing any of them all in the name that he "loves them all"? You want to talk about "protecting the institution of marriage." For the record, I'm married, to a man, and I have yet to figure out how others getting married can have this magical negative effect on my marriage. If that's how you feel, start looking for a marriage counselor. You have no business messing with the law.