Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Huh?

So I bumped into this blog one day (Yeah, I know, half of my blog
entries start with this line :) and I apologize for not getting the
link and I am no longer able to find the blog. But this lady's
viewpoint, extremely refreshing, mind you, was how heart broken she
was when she heard about us heartless Americans criticizing Mr. Bush
for taking us to war and what a great job he is doing defending our
country from terrorists (by bombing Iraq *ahem*). And that this war is
totally justified unless we are prepared to give up on our
oil-dependence life-style. Huh? What are we, schoolground bullies? Is
that how you'd teach your kid: "If you see your fellow classmates
having what you don't have, but need. Go ahead, beat him/her up and
claim it as yours."? I mean, Wow! Enlightment! That one sure have
never occurred to me. I mean, you've got to admire her style. "Beware! We want oil! Here we come!" Dare I make an educated guess that no one that
she knows and cares about is over in Iraq or have already been
sacrificed for our oil-dependent lifestyle.

Granted, we can't argue that we need oil, but for the amount we've
spent on the war already... can we like, um, say promote the use of
hybrid cars instead? That ought to cut down on our oil-dependency
rather significantly AND best of all, no one will get die for the sake
of it. I sure hope this lady is watching the news and noticing the
increase violence everyday and still find it in her heart of heart to
believe in what we have done is, indeed, right.

Cheers.

And a little advertisement:

An
article on hybrid cars