Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, June 20, 2004

GPS Cell Phones

GPS, in my humble opinion, is yet another cool gadget that you can put in a cell phone. When I first obtained the Nokia 3650 phone, AT&T has a service (m-mode) that allows you to triangulate the location of your buddies -- not the exactly street and number, but the city he or she is in. It's like any chat service, you have first authorize the person to be able to look you up, and you'll get a message everytime someone look you up. I thought that was a cool idea, hubby and I had, of course, immediately added each other, though we never used it. It's just one of those cute things. J, our roommate/renter, immediately said, "Oooooh, that is just asking for trouble." Meaning for cheating spouse. To date I am still baffled that why a SINGLE male's first response to a brand new technology is: what if my wife caught me cheating. Perhaps it's just some kind of male pre-programming?

Nextel is now offering a service that, not only can you download the directions to a certain place onto your phone, but if you miss a street or make a wrong turn, it will automatically detect that you're off the route and calculate a new route to put you back on track.

Read article