Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, June 19, 2004

How about a tooth phone?

I found this when I was researching for my next cool, gadget-filled cell phone:



"A micro-vibration device and a wireless receiver are implanted in the tooth during routine dental surgery and sound is transferred from the tooth into the inner ear by bone resonance? converting digital signals to audio. Sound reception is totally discreet enabling information to be received anywhere and at anytime? whether it is City traders receiving stock market information in the cinema or spin-doctors sending information to politicians as they are interviewed."

Source: Mobile Tech News

Two problems that immediately popped into my mind: (1) Whenever a never model came out you'll need another dental surgery? and (2) A lot of folks out there -- scientist and layman -- and still leery about implanting radio transmittors into human bodies.