Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

To Die For

When I read blogs written by Asians, I mean Asian Asian (Asians who are not overly westernized), I notice one thing in common in all of them (that I've visited so far) -- food. Every single blog has mention of food. And I don't mean a brief mention, I mean details, i.e. "today I went and tried out this new restaurant (name of restaurant), and we ordered blah, blah, and blah," followed by critique of each dish or sometimes even pictures. Or "today my wife made blah, blah, and blah." Or "my ideal man will try out all kinds of delicacies under the sun with me." So what's with Asians and their fooding habits?

Of course, we have the best food in Asia. :) Even my gwailo (white-boy) hubby said during our second visit to Hong Kong that he can live in Hong Kong just for the food. That's after I've introduced Mr. Montana boy to HK-style Korean barbeque, in the Mongkok area no less! :))

A coworker of mine said she used to not be able to remember the name "Togo" (a sandwich place in US), she always thought it's name is "To die for" or something to that effect. Well, food in Asia are, truly, to die for.