Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Work Ethics

I am liking to write in notepad more and more. It's small; it's simple; it doesn't have all the annoying automatic features that MS Word has that drives me homocidal.

So I was talking to S yesterday at work when P overheard our conversation, which wasn't really much of a problem. The conversation was not confidential in the least, and we were talking in front of P's work station.

During lunch, P asked me if I was okay with S. I was completely baffled. Why not? I am actually quite fond of S. She radiates a very positive attitude for the most part. P explained to me that S can be crass when she is in her business mode. I didn't even notice! I am generally slow like that. And I don't mind people being crass when they are trying to get work done. It has to be fairly personal before I take things personally. As far as that goes, I give it a lot of benefit of doubts.

Basically I like anyone with good work ethics, crass, blunt, curt, totally irrelevant. Do what you need to get your work done. I absolutely hate sociable person with no work ethics. If you hate your job or would rather delegate your job, please don't even be here. I've seen my fair share of people like that at previous jobs. Not only do the rest of the staff have to take care of their share of work, their being there physically in itself is a burden. We are short of having to literally carry them around on our backs.

So be blunt. Be curt. Just get the damn job done.