Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, June 07, 2004

Spaghetti Sauce

Marinara is my least favorite of all spaghetti sauces. It has no personality of its own. It's blend; it's vague; it's fuzzy. It's a sauce made out of tomatoes, a fruit that hardly has any taste in itself.

I like white sauce, strong, milk-ish, can be buttery. I'll pick it over marinara anytime of the day, nevermind that I have lactose intolerance.

Then there's pesto. Pesto is indescribably unique. It has the olive oil taste, and it has the pesto taste. It an acquired taste. Pesto has a statement to make: I am not for everyone!

Marinara is wishy-washy. You can't pinpoint what you don't like about it, nor can you pick out what you like about it. It's is the "nice guy" of speghetti sauce at best.