Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, May 31, 2004

Military Time

I LOVE using military time. Many think I picked that up from hubby -- WRONG. I've always liked it. It is just so concise. Especially when you work in a field that works around the clock (i.e. the medical field that I was in for the last two and a half years). Hubby, on the other hand, is a strong believer in the AM/PM system. Personally I think he shames the military. XD He was telling me about his shift one time, and the conversation went something like this:

Him: "I will be working from 11 to 7."
Me: "Is that AM or PM?"
Him: "PM."
Me: "11 PM to 7 AM or 11 AM to 7 PM?"
Him (in resignation): "Okay, it's 2300 to 0700."
Me: "OOoohhhh, okay."

Grrrrrrrr. Why couldn't he just say that from the very beginning?! It's not like I can't tell 2300 from 1100!!

In addition, I also set all the clocks at home to 24-hours, at least the ones that are capable of doing so, just for the sake of it. :)