Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Troy

Got dragged to watch "Troy" with hubby. His reasoning: I dragged him to chick flicks all the time -- guilty as charged. After the first thirty minutes, even he wanted to go. I fell asleep some three times, the third time I was sound asleep, but hubby woke me up (not knowing that I was trying to catch up with my beauty sleep) and I was unable to go back to sleep (not happy about that). Overall I guess the movie wasn't too terrible, if you are a Brad Pitt fan or enjoy watching men getting killed with swords. Other than that, I really don't know what the entertainment value was about the movie. It really was just about a bunch of stupid people making a series of stupid mistakes -- Helen going to Troy being the stupidest of them all. Others include Hector going one on one with Archilles, ugh, I think personal pride needs to be put aside when your entire empire was at stake. (Hubby said woman [me] has no honor, I say at least I have my priorities straight :D) And the introduction of the trojan horse into Troy, let's not even go there.

The good news was nobody around us used their cell phones today. I only heard one rang once (the girl immediately next to me) but at least she didn't try to pick it up. I heard a few chucklings throughout the movie and I have no idea what's so funny. And the couple behind us whispered througout the movie. I wish they had talked loud enough so we can all share their wisdoms.

Moral of the story: women are trouble. :D (Like I couldn't have told you that before the movie start!!)