Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, May 31, 2004

From Rag Rug to Happiness

I forgot to mention that we have also bought a rag rug from Ikea. See picture below:



We got a green one which goes very well with our green place mats. We placed it in between the coffee table, which serves as our dinner table during our stay in San Diego, and the futon which we use as our couch. I like the look of the rag rug in our living room. It looks hip and makes me feel very much like a yuppie. Yeah, it only takes a $3.99 rug to make me feel rich. :) For crying out loud, it even has the word "rag" in its name. But that shouldn't stop me from being a happy person. :) After all, isn't happiness all a matter of one's mentality? To quote Garfield (referring to Odie), "Simple mind, simple pleasure."

We also looked at big houses (5 bedroom + 3 car garage) in the greater Sacramento area (yeah, pretty soon I won't be able to list my blog on SanDeigoBloggers.com anymore. Boo!). That too made me very happy. Hubby said it's an Asian thing. All the Asian wives want big houses for no obvious reasons. :D Big house with a custom build swimming pool and my life will be complete. :)

Hubby is going underway again tomorrow. :( I feel bummed. I do not like being alone. But I think I should feel lucky that he doesn't have to go to Iraq. He counts his days left in the Navy using a dog tag chain (he clips it from time to time to mark his number of days left in the Navy), perhaps I should count the hours left before he returns from each underway...