Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Reality TV Shows

As mentioned before, I am an reality TV show junkie. And summer is the heaven for us reality TV show junkies. :)) In addition to the regular Fear Factor, we also have Next Action Hero, New For Love or Money, and Last Comic Standing. I totally enjoyed my pre-recorded New For Love or Money last night.

First thing we notice is definitely that NBC is getting cheaper on this new series. Last year each of the girls that get to stay will get a necklace each round. The necklaces got progressively more expensive as the intensity went up and the girls get to keep the jewelrys. Then come For Love or Money II when they invited the girl, Erin, back with 15 bachelors. The bachelors were given a ring each at the beginning of the show, and they were asked to give them back as they were asked to leave. This obviously carried on to the New For Love or Money show. That should knock down the cost by quite a bit. :)

And the new show also has more twists. Nasty ones, which totally satisfy sadistic audiences like us. All in all, I am 100% enjoying the show while my hubby was rolling his eyes and scratching his head trying to figure out why it appeals to me so. :D

Monday night I also watched Next Action Hero before I drifted off to sleep. The downside of it was I had a dream that I was going onto the Fear Factor show. My partner and I passesd the prelimiaries and were going to the real show (in Vegas?). The actual thing was going to take place in-door. It was a company special episode so my partner was a coworker of mine -- a ficticious coworker that doesn't exist in real life. Towards the end I told her that, "I think I should let you know that I am afraid of height and I can't swim." :D