Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

2 Days, 1320 Hours

And the time to hubby's deployment is counting down. Right now I am at a whether-the-glass-is-half-empty-or-half-full mentality. I can either look at it as "it's only 7 weeks" or "it's seeeeeeveeeeen weeks." In all honesty, even for individuals with separation anxiety, 7 weeks is not that rediculously long, at least that's how I think right now anyway.

In a strange sense I am kinda looking forward to it. The seven-weeks deployment represents the last obstacle between his military life and our civilian (normal) life together, where he'll be home every night.

Yesterday was my last day at my temporary job that I have held for the last seven-and-a-half months. I am not sure if it's a good thing or not. In a sense I liked the job a lot, but it does get boring sometimes (is there any jobs that doesn't get that way?). Pretty soon I'll be job-hunting, AGAIN.

Many a times I've asked myself what I really want to do, job-wise. I've done tissue procurement for two-and-a-half years. To me that's my contribution to the well being of mankind. But now I am looking at similar type of work again, namely, non profit organizations. As my husband had once said, unlike most I actually work for job satisfaction. Never had I seriously considered becoming a doctor, but I would most certainly enjoy a job in which what I do will actually have some (positive) impact on some others' lives. For example: Grameen Foundation (no regional office in California that I know of) or World Food Programme. I've added donation links to their site from my blog. Not that I really think any one will go from my blog to theirs and make a donation; it's just a token gesture.