Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, September 27, 2004

Blogger's Comment System

I feel bad for saying this. I've always been using Blogger.com and like it very much and still do but boy, does their comment system SUCKS! And I mean SUCKS with a captial "S." Okay, with all caps. It is so unintuitive it's not even funny.

First you click on the "comment" link, and it takes you to an entirely different page where you can only see part of the original entry and none of the other comments and asks you to log in (granted, there is an option to leave a comment anonymously). Even after you log in, your email address and your blog URL do NOT come up automatically (or even an option to include those). Once after you've finished with leaving a comment, it does not take you back automatically to where you started. It only gives you the option to return to the page with only the entry that you commented on. I mean, what's the point? Don't you think I would want to read the next entry now that I am done commenting on the previous (most recent) one??

Holy cow!! Given that the comment thing didn't appear till the latest update, you would think they've learned something from the other existing ones. Granted, beggers can't be choosers, but I just get so frustrated everytime I try to leave a comment. Half the time I ended up just skipping it and going onto the next blog/entry. So if you happen to read this, use HALOSCAN for comments!!! At least until blogger.com comes out with a better version of comment system.

Okay, that's my rent for the day. :)