Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, September 24, 2004

Treat to the Eyes

My purchase of the AmericanStyle magazine was my introduction to arts and craft. Despite the fact that most of the pieces I don't understand and even more that I simply can't afford, the vibrant and vivid colors and designs are definitely a treat to the eyes. I guess the bottom line is: fine art is like a gorgeous woman, it's captivating, dazzling, and mesmerizing. Even though one might not be able to verbalize why it's a great piece, it takes your breath away.


Take a look at this sea anenome paper weight by Robert Eickholt:



Or this sailboat piece by Dino Rosin:



I think this vase by Buzz Blodgett will look GREAT in our new house, even though hubby said, "I can't tell what it is" when I first showed him the picture:



All the aforementioned pieces can be purchased from Art Glass by Gary Gallery.