Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Seven Days, 1320 Hours

Seven more days left in San Diego (I am taking the cat, whatever barebone furnitures we have left in this tiny apartment of ours, and the SUV and heading back north to good ol' Sacramento again next Friday) then 1320 hours apart from my husband. It is going to be rough, especially for me since our longest time apart in the three years we have been together (3 years on the dot on October 1, 2004, the day my husband will be leaving on deployment) was four days. This is not going to get any easier so I will be counting down the hours in my blog, day after day after day.

In a strange way I am looking forward to the day. I am getting sick of living on barebone furnitures. Never imagine it's so hard to not have a couch to plop on when I come home from work, or a TV to watch while we eat. Heck, forget about the TV, not even proper chairs to sit on since anything left here have to be able to fit into our gas-guzzling SUV.

The other reason is that hubby has had a few fairly promising lead on civilian jobs in the greater Sacramento area. This deployment is the last thing that stands between our lives now and our lives that will only commence upon his return and I can't wait. Neither one of us can.

Yesterday I had a vision of my future life -- our dream house. As I have came to realize after our move to San Diego, the house is the single most important thing in my life (well, okay, after the hubby, after all, my life is only meaningful because he shares it with me).

Criterias for this dream house of ours:

Spacious
Lots of windows allowing lots of sunlight
Kitchen with island (no sink in the middle of the island, unless it's a supersized island)
Three car garage for the hubby

Eventually we'd like to have our home theater put in too!

For that decisions have to be made and so do sacrifices. I would also like to squeeze out more time to read and cook instead of idling sitting in front of the computer and eating out all the time.

Seven days and 1,320 hours to go.