Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, September 20, 2004

What if...

Are you one of those "what if..." person? I am. I think about it all the time, "what if things were different this way or that." Or more like "I wish (things were different when....)" And most of these "what if" and "I wish" have to do with my husband. I felt that I have wasted a lot of time when I was finishing college and immediately after I got out of college. So here goes the thought:

I wish I had known my husband when I was in college.

But that would post the next problem that follows. My hubby was 12 1/2 when I was 18!! (Yeah, for those Math wiz out there, I'm 5.5 years older than my husband. And don't bother calling me a cradle robber. I know I'm one. And proud to be one. You are just jealous.) So I had to chuck that idea and move onto the next one:

Maybe I can meet him when HE was 18.

Umm... now we are at least LEGAL. But I've seen his picture when he was 18. It'd be hard press for me to find him attractive when he was 18... not to mention that I was already 23 1/2. So I had to, once again, modify my wish. (If I only had 3 wishes it'd be used up right about now.)

I wish I can start my life over again (around 16 or so) except I get to keep my intelligence that I have now.

That would seem like the perfect plan except that had I had my intelligence now, I would, of course, made a lot less stupid mistakes than I actually had. For starters, I'd have told my dad to go f* himself a lot sooner. And everything in life being like a domino effect, I would have ended up somewhere entirely different than where I am now. Meaning that I most likely would not have met my husband....

So yeah, after all the "what if's" and "I wish's," I am just glad I ended up where I am now. :)