Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Blogging and Writer's Block

First off, can one *have* a writer's block writing a block? I mean, don't you have to have something published to call yourself a "writer"? :D If not, then anyone that can scribble on a piece of paper can be self-proclaimed "writers." (For the record, I HATE, I HATE putting commas and periods INSIDE of quotations. GRRRRRRRRRRR. Damn the English language.)

For a while there I was blogging as avidly as I had been -- writer's block. Now I realize how silly that is. It's a blog. One can literally write anything, except for those who has a blog with a, ahem, theme. You can put in your blog the most mind-numbing details about your life, or share parts of your personal that should you spouse find out that you were sharing that on the internet he or she will be filing for divorce. Lately, I have to rein myself back from putting pure crap on my blog. :D

I guess when I started blogging I was hoping I would be able to draw in readers, not people who found my blog because of some typos on my blog (i.e. stafford wives and shek2) or some random malfunction of the search engine. After trying for seven months, I think it's safe to conclude that I will probably never draw in some 10,000 visitors a day. After all, with the exception of my friends and acquaintances, strangers are as interested in the tidbits of my life as I am in theirs. So screw it, from now on, I am only going to write for that ONE person that matters the most to me in the universe -- myself.