Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Writing and I

I've been writing a lot lately; not blogging (obviously :), but real fiction -- stories with characters. I enjoy writing because writing makes me feel like I am living a double life between two planes of existence. When I am not sure what to write, I'd ask myself: if I can be a different person and anything can happen, what would I like to see happen, and thus creating my persona. I am myself in this universe, but I also have a different identity elsewhere (in a galaxy far, far away :).

Especially when I do menial tasks all day long, I'd spend hours on ends trying to develop the storyline in my head. And to avoid forgetting it before I get a chance to write it down, I'd go over the scenario repeatedly. And by the end of the day, it is as if whatever I had in mind had truly took place, to my alternative self, and it was a wonderful feeling. :)

What I hate most is when I start overanalyzing my own stories (told you I can't help it). "Does this make sense?" "Can it happen this way?" Many a times I have to tell myself this these stories are MY fantasies. These characters are fictious. I can make whatever happen because as far as the story goes, I am the one and only GOD.

I think my personal favorite is still science fiction. I have been in love with science fiction most of my life and I shall try to do more sci fi in the future. :D That is, of course, IF I continue to write. :D

***
Mike Resnick left a feedback on my blog!! That made my day. :D Thank you, Mike! ^_^

***
Countdown (count up?): -3 Days 1 Hour 34 Minutes