Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, February 28, 2005

March Birthday

So the other day hubby brought up this suggestion for my birthday present -- lasix surgery. I wasn't sure if I should say it's sweet or freaky. A surgery as a gift?

I've had pretty bad eye-sight for most of my life. Maybe I can't say that. But I've had fairly bad eye-sight since my first eye examination. Whether it was due to my poor reading habit as a kid or genetics (in which I didn't even stand a chance), there was no way to pin point. So one of my "three wishes" (Haven't you always question yourself that, IF you can have 3 wishes, AND the last one cannot be for more wishes, what would they be. Yeah, it's that kind of a scenario.) was to have perfect eye-sight again (?). Never had I thought it'd happen in this life time and I didn't even need a genie from a bottle for that.

The idea of a lasix eye surgery is still very scary. How others can just go and get it done without seemingly a lot of thought was beyond me. But recently reading this article on MSN (which I could no longer find) about how looks matter at the work place, I think I'll eventually take the big plunge and get it done. I guess if sh*t happen, it's just my luck.