Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Woo Hoo! Life (Blogging) Is Good Again! :D

So here goes:

I woke up. I played with kitty. I get dressed. I played with kitty some more. I get ready to leave the house. I played with kitty again. I went to work and returned home. I played with kitty...

So I hadn't been blogging a lot lately (and this is so not the first time I started out a blog entry this way). I was reading this article in which the author was referring to most blogs out there as "egoistic" and with "lots of spelling errors." And I was really bummed out by that comment (speaking of being egoistic). And I felt offended. Now that's taking things personally considering the person who wrote that probably never seen my blog and never will. And quite frankly, I can't even say that his observation was incorrect... Well, in my own defense (to who?), I just want to clarify that I don't blog because I believe that others out there care about all the painstaking minute occurences in my life. I blog because I have a passion for writing. (Like that somehow makes my blog better than others. Hahaha.) And I'd like to avoid this turning into literally my online diary, but let's be honest, how many of us have deep, insightful thoughts everyday? Or something to funny to write about. And if we do, we'll be writing for $$$! :D

But couple good things happened today. ^_^ (Yeah, "ut oh," is right, here comes what I think is greater than life but will bore you to tears...) First I stumbled onto this blog where this guy actually SAID he enjoyed reading others' blogs and learning about their lives (I'm sure some blogs interest him more than others). And although I knew he wasn't referring to mine, it certainly got me out of my blogging blues. I'd mention his blog on here, when I got around to digging out his URL. ^_-

Second, some guy who claimed to be Craig from Craig's List left a comment on my blog!!! Holy Cow!! Pardon me for being a bit skeptical. For us nerds/geeks out geeks, Craig was about as close as it gets to a celebrity. I suppose the founder of eBay would be a celebrity too, but I don't believe she is the owner of eBay anymore. I suppose there's also Bill Gates out there, albeit my love for Microsoft products (scroll down and check out my recommendated web browser, hint hint).

First there's Mike Resnick (Sci Fi writer), then there's Craig Newmark. Life is certainly good ("Simple mind, simple pleasure." -- Jim Davis, in Garfield) I swear, sometimes it's my oddest blog entries that will attact the unimaginable and get feedbacks. :)

And for those of you who are here looking for tips on planting/transplanting/maintaining/killing banana trees, my apology for the deception... :)

As for my when-I-caught-them-I-just-want-want-dig-a-hole-and-burrow-myself-in-it kind of shameful spelling errors... well, sometimes I try to squeeze time to blog ah... and it was very late at night ah... you get the drift... :)