Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, February 21, 2005

Hubby and Chinese Comedies

Found a video rental store that has REAL Chinese DVDs. I stress REAL Chinese DVDs for a reason. Back in Sacramento, all the stores (that are usually within a Chinese grocery store) inevitably rent VHS tapes. To make matter worse, these were not original VHS, these are copies that they've made. Add that to the fact that a million people have already watched it, the quality was simply unacceptable. If they have to make copies, can't they at least make VCDs??

So I was pretty happy when I found a place that rent DVDs, and NOT homemade DVDs, the real, copy right attached copy!! Interestingly enough, hubby picked out more movies than I. Everytime we go there, he'd beeline towards the comedy section. "Beeline" was just a figure of speech, there's only one shelf. Some movies were divided by the famous actors, other's by category. Hubby said, "I have never watched a Chinese comedy that was not funny." I found that odd, it's not like humor was one of Asian's strong suit. Then I realized something -- hubby loves them slapstick comedies. Evidently slapstick comedies are like arts and music and certain body gestures -- they are international.