Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Move to the Bay Area

So the big move was over, at least I hope so. Just like any other moves in the course of history, it was a hectic experience. I suggested to spend an entire day loading so we could pick up the odds and ends as we go then drive and unload the next day to make the experience as untraumatic as possible, but noooooo, hubby decided literally the last minute that since we could finish packing before 3 PM, we should just hop into our cars and go. Not to mention that he had conveniently underestimated the amount of junk that we possess and downgraded the Uhaul to a smaller size. Ugh. We had to load up our SUV AND shanghai a friend to help AND loaded up his Baja AND spent the next day driving back to Sacramento and loading up BOTH of our cars to bring more stuff down. Well, at least we weren't moving to a different state.

My entire weekend was packing and driving and loading and driving and unpacking and more driving and it just seemed that the world was spinning and spinning and spinning around me.

Never had I thought that after residing in the bay area for five years, leaving for seven, I'd be returning here because the Montana boy whom I've met in Sacramento was taking me back here. Life has a funny way to work itself out. Ah well, as long as I overlook the fact that the housing prices are unrealistically high and that my family also lives in the same area, this is not a bad place to be.