Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Dharma & Greg

Dharma & Greg is one of my all time favorites. Hey! Some people like their M*A*S*H others like their I love lucy; I deserve to have my own quirk!

There are more than one reason why I like the show so much. The humor was subtle. I am not into crude or slapstick type of humor (hubby loves that. pie in face never fail to make him laugh. Simple mind, simple pleasure right? :). I also think Thomas Gibson is arguable one of the most attractive men I have seen. (Hey! We all have different taste, so stop being judgemental! :P) I particularly like it when he breaks into that innocent smile of his. :) Simply gorgeous!

I like Dharma and Greg's personalities and how they interact. One of the first episode I have watched when it was first aired was when Dharma and Greg went onto a first date and ended up getting married in Reno. I've always aspire to do that but hubby wasn't spontaneous enough for that. Well, having one failed marriage under his belt didn't exactly help with that issue. :P We did move in after a month and subsequently run off to get married one weekend in Tahoe though!! Close enough. ;)

A couple of years ago when I started dating the current (and so far, the only) hubby I started watching D&G reruns and also got hubby hooked on it. At times it's like watching the two of us. :) Though sometimes we shift roles. For instance, hubby is a very organized person. He likes his things to be in orders and he likes routines very much. I, on the other hand, welcome changes and sometimes even uncertainties (i.e. moving. I, however, do NOT like it when it affects my roof over head and food on table). The random, on call schedule that I had working for the tissue bank for 2.5 years drove hubby nuts. :D Sometimes I worked 3 days in a row; others 12 hours a week. Hubby did not like that a bit. He'd rather me take a pay cut for a 8-5 job. *rolls eyes* But when it comes to being obssessive-compulsive, I definitely have hubby beat in that department.

Work wise I definitely aspired to be like Dharma: magician assistant, black jack/poker dealer, dancer for ZZ top, owner for a shop that sold nothing, auctioneer -- as many odd end jobs as possible. :D I had a degree in physical anthropology, I've done freelance translation work (Garfield comic strips), I've done tissue harvesting. One more odd end job and I think my resume can finally look somewhat like that of Dharma's. :)