Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, February 21, 2005

Bay Area

It's been two weeks since the move. The ironic thing is, when I have all the time in the world to blog to my heart's contend (being unemployed), there's nothing to write about, mainly because without a job, or a kid I guess, I literally have no life. I suppose I could write about the unpacking saga. And how that ONE box that we left behind has all the stuff that we need. (I'm sure there's already a Murphy's Law written for that one).

This being a temporary resident (I sure hope I won't be renting this place for the rest of my life!), I don't feel like unpacking and displaying my entire book collection. In fact, I'm kicking myself for collecting books in the first place -- there are so many better alternatives, like stamps, takes up less room and easier to move from place to place. But you know, when you buy your first house, you get this misconception that this is "permanant," or at least I'll most likely be stuck in the area (Sacramento) semi-permanantly. Who'd ever thought...

Although I have lived here 7-years ago, I have forgotten how wishy-washy the weather in bay area is. It could rain and then turn sunny and rain again and turn sunny again ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!! When I was a kid, the saying had it that a woman's mood is like weather. I guess this is the kind of weather it was referring to. (I wonder if that statement is still politically correct in our society in US today.) Regardless, is it a pure coincident that women's mood resemble that of the weather, or our mood reflecting the weather -- sunny = more serotonin = happier, cheerful women; rainy/overcast = less serotonin = more moody, irritable women? ;)