Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Settling In

We are finally starting to settle in in our new "home." The boxes are half unpacked, and we've already done a few home cooked meals. The hubby is being undecisive on whether he likes the job or not (his answer goes back and forth depending on the day). I suppose I should job hunt again (third time since the start of this blog, hurrah, hurrah, and my cat is probably one of the most moved cat -- about eight times in her 10 years of existence), now that we are in the horribly expensive bay area, my not working is no longer an option. :~(

Hubby was already saying that he'd like to move to a cheaper area "in a year's time or so." Ack! Not what I want to hear while I am still UNPACKING!!!

Lots of Asian amenities around -- restaurants (that serve more than just chicken in red sauce and chicken in yellow sauce), groceries, and REAL bookstores (the kinda that carry bizarre books that might never sell. The weather is, of course, beautiful for the most part. Perhaps the bay area is not that bad after all. :)