Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Monday, July 25, 2005

Like It, Not Like It aka House Hunting Part I

Went house shopping at Brentwood with hubby today because house shopping is really a hobby of his. Brentwood is about 60 miles from where we work (a good hour drive assuming no traffic) but houses are, relatively, more affordable there. It's a pretty area, golf course, state parks, very green. We looked at a few model homes that's really at the top, TOP end of what we can afford, but I didn't exactly feel excited about any of them.

Interestingly enough, I was reading a manga a few days ago. In the story a married woman was telling to her three buddies about this house that she and her husband was looking at buying. It was a very good deal, all the criterias were met and exceeded, yet she just couldn't make up her mind. Whilst two of the friends were trying to convince her that it was too good a deal to pass up, the third one spoke, "Then don't buy it. For such a big purchase, what's the point if you don't like it like it, even though it met all your criterias. It will always bother you." So woman decided to talk to her husband about looking for a different place.

Afterward, one of the friends reflected to her boyfriend, "Yeah, I guess when you truly want something, no matter how many flaws you can find with it, you would still want it. That's when you know you really want it."

Back to my Brentwood, house-hunting story, although the new houses were nice, none of them really screamed us. Remember the one I posted that we saw in Seattle? Both husband and I turned and said to each other, "This is the one." as soon as we walked in the door. That's the kind of feeling I am looking for when we are purchasing our permanent resident.