Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

My Husband and His Femininity

I always hear women complainting about how their men are not "in touch with their feminine side" and I never understand that. Why DO men need to be "in touch with their feminine side"? Why do men even HAVE a feminine side? Are they complainting that their men are too manly? Mind you, that's a very specific complaint local to the US. Perhaps because I've never been with a man who's truly from Mars, I do not understand the merit of the complaint.

Once upon a time, a (female) coworker happily told us how she and her husband went and bought new bedsheets; how it was her turn to choose it so she wanted her floral pattern. Well, I was (relatively) young back then, so I've always thought that men detest floral stuff. Well, when purchase our new house, guess what my husband asked? "Does these (floral) draperies come with it?" Since then I've always made fun of him for being so in touch with his feminine side. :)

Ever notice those little 2-3 mm hole in the back of the new SamSung cell phones? Ever wonder what they are for? Well, in Asian cultures, we have all these little gimmicks that you can tie to them. Some allows you to wear your phone around your neck; others just for decoration purposes. Needless to say, most of them are pretty feminine. :) Being a person with no immunity to cute-sy knick knacks, I bought a whole bunch last time I was in Hong Kong. I would have brought back more, but my white husband have no idea why I'd need more than one. *rolls eyes* Well, we don't wear uniforms everyday, do we?! We need changes, options! (Oh, he's in the Navy, he does wear uniform everyday. LOL) Anyway, I bought a t-rex one and conveniently placed it on hubby's phone.

Hubby, being a man, not from Mars but a man nonetheless, tends to just shove his phone into his pocket, along with everything else. (He also does that to our new digital camera, and wonders why there's a mark on the screen now.) Soon, Mr. T-rex fell off and died a horrible death. Not wanting to give up my other cute collections, I tied another one to his cell phone. This one is a nice bluish, translucent tag that says ��砌�����蝺�. It also has a cute little bell attached to it. I felt for sure he'd remove it soon as he saw it, but his response was, "Oh, whatever."

Lately, he has been working on redesigning our personal page. He asked me to look at the prototype and on there was the image of a beautiful butterfly, photographed by him, with nice, soft, mellow green color background. My response? "Lucky you are married." :D