Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, April 16, 2004

Our Service Men and Women

It's been a while since I've done a serious entry. This blog is getting progressively more scattered and unfocused. :D But there are already so many blogs out there focusing solely on politics, and so much more insightful than mine. :)

***
So couple days ago I was watching TV in the morning. It was announcing that these service men and women of ours, literally a minute before they board the plane to come home, were told that their service had been extended, for AT LEAST another 90 days. Can you imagine what that is like? To be excited about finally seeing your loved one, siblings, children, only to have that happiness taken away from you, and the last minute no less.

Then my husband called me on the phone. He has been working "midshift" (0000 to 0700 hours) to tell me he was on his way home. And I couldn't help but started crying; thinking about how the love ones of those service men and women would feel; thinking how lucky I was that even though my husband is in the military, I don't have to worry about him going to Iraq.

So support our serivce men and women with a little more than just words. Make a donation:

Operation Uplink is an operation that gets phone cards for active military personnel to allow them more talk time with their love ones. Remember, anything helps!