Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, April 11, 2004

The Goal of a Blog

Today a friend asked me in his email to me what is the "goal" of a blog. See my very first entry, does a blog need a goal? I told him some does, others don't. Some write so a bunch of friends can read. Others prefer to write for complete strangers. (Like me. :) But now that I have told more and more people about my blog, I almost feel the need to start a new blog so I can continue my mindless rambling with no filters of any sort.

Lately I have been on a roll here and just wanted to blog. So essentially I am blogging just for the hack of it and thereby turning my blog into what he would call a "damned disjointed, scattered, and generally unfocused" blog. Well, Sinefeld, by his own admission, is a show about nothing. Look how many audiences it reached? I mean, look at the title of this blog. Does it sound like its going to be a coherant blog to begin with? Maybe I should tone it down and continue following my more series line of blog like how I started this. But doesn't seriousness get boring so fast? And there are SO MANY serious blogs out there! Regardless, thanks to this said friend, now I am very conscious what I should or should not include in my blog. *sniff*

Hmmmm, thinking about it. Isn't the idea of a blog to allow one to jog down random thoughts any time, any where? :D