Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Politically Incorrect

Lots of short blogs to make up for my informercials fillers. XD

Last week we had "Bring your kids to work" day at work. Oh my gosh. Whoever came up with THAT idea? Why would you want to mix kids and work? I groaned when I first heard about it. (Shows you how much I love kids huh?) A bunch of screaming kids running around while I was trying to work (dispite how brainless my job is) was not a pleasant thought. I feel, however, almost politically incorrect to voice my opinion on kids. Luckily, I found out that my boss (temporary boss), just like me, prefers cats to kids. XD

A Mormon X-colleague once called me "selfish" for not wanting kids. Why is it selfish to not want kids? Giving birth when one is unable to tend for their offsprings is selfish. What's wrong with not being an irresponsible parents when I know I don't want to make the sacrifice for having kids? His theory was very interesting (side note: he's actually kinda a nice guy. I've grown fond of him towards the end dispite our different believes): the meaning of life (religion?) is to help others, and there is no greater help than tending your very own offspring. I understood the first part, helping others is sure a noble thing to do, but I never did figure out how did part A lead to part B. Why is tending your young helping it. (I think he said cause babies are helpless.) Though that still falls short in explaining why adopting are less noble. Any way you look at it, isn't it more helpful to tend for an abandoned child than bringing yet another one onto the surface of earth? What an odd concept.