Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, August 19, 2004

From San Diegan to Sacramentan

In a little over five-weeks time I'll officially go from my temporary San Diegan status back to Sacramentan. :~( Things I'll miss about San Diego:

(1) The weather. Definitely the weather. Finally the weather is getting so very beautiful -- sunny and breezy -- and I'll have to move. :~(

(2) The restaurants. I guess that's one thing you can say about living in a big city. Always an unlimited supply of restaurants. :D I wish I could try them all, but I doubt I can do that in the next five weeks.

Things I definitely will not miss about San Diego/very happy I can leave behind:

(1) The theaters. Holy cow. San Diegans really need to learn etiquette in a theather. I have given up watching a movie in San Diego completely. There are about five movies out that I wanted to watch, but I just knew the next time I go to a theater will also be the first time in my life I get into a fist fight with someone. So I better just wait for the DVD to come out.

(2) Time Warner's horrible, HORRIBLE digital video recorder. Holy cow, it's nothing, NOTHING, compared to TiVo. It has a lot of first generation type of bugs. It auto deleted a bunch of my olympic games without warnings. :~( Now I have to power-watch my olympics every night so I can record more. And pray very hard during the day that the programs will still be in the device by the time I get home.

(3) The housing prices, also the primary reason hubby and I chose not to stay in San Diego. The white pickett fence, 2.5 kids, 1.5 dogs American dream is certainly not going to happen in San Diego.