Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Friday, July 30, 2004

Creationist? Darwinian?

So hubby and I got into this very serious "religious" discussion one day. Can I truly call it "religious"? I would guess religion should naturally address the question of "where we come from?" But if that's the case, Darwinian will be a "religion." Anyways, to make a long story short, we've came to the serious conclusion that there simply HAS to have been alien intervention somewhere down (up?) the evolutionary line. And once again, we were dead serious. Let's just say I'm glad he actually agreed with me instead of thinking that I am crazy.

Have you ever taken one of those IQ test where they show you 5 patterns (a triangle, a rectangle, a square, a rombus and a circle) and asked you to pick one that one that "doesn't fit in with the rest"? Well, that's human's place on earth. (Mike from electric bugaloo tried to rile me up by asking me, "and just how do you know you are smarter than a dolphin?" I don't. But that's not what I am saying at all.) I am not saying that we are the smartest, but that we simply deviate too much from the rest of the species on earth, even to our closet relatives -- the chimpanzees.

Here's why I say that:

- We have no natural predators, there's really no means of keeping our population in check other than genocide -- and we are damn good at it.

- Other species evolve to adapt to the environment. We solve our issues a completely different way -- with our intelligence.

- We chase other species to extinction for reasons other than food.

- We have "civilization."

- We kill others of the same species for reasons other than food or mate.

- We happily destroy the environment for other living things on earth, or earth in general.

Surely one can argue that there are also good among our race. Some of us do choose an altruistic profession:- cops, firefighter, other sort of volunteers (Note: I am not putting doctors in here, they get paid too much to be "altruistic," perhaps just the underpaid ones, like the ones with Doctors without Border.) But if you put the good and the bad on a scale. Ummm, I'm sorry to point out that the scale is definitely tipped way to the bad side.

With the astonishing rate that we are wipping out species and destroying the environment, whatever faint effort we make to salvage what is left can't even quality as tip of an iceberg. So if you are a creationist and believe that God created us, then I think He had possibly made a BIG mistake.

So my theory (not new at all) is that aliens came at some point and alter the genetic composition of some animals (most likely chimp or other great apes) and ta-da there's human -- in this sense, "alien" and "God" can be used interchangeably. What is the purpose of all this? Oh, I cannot answer that question. Perhaps earth is just like an ant farm to Him/them. Perhaps Him/them had meant it to be good but things went terribly wrong. Sometimes I think maybe the "experiment" on earth is like an "etch and scratch," when all else fails, or just done, shake it violently and start over again.