Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, July 18, 2004

I, Robot aka Theater Nightmare

Finally went to see another movie in the theater. No offense, but is it a San Diego thing or just the Pacific Town Square All Stadium 14? EVERY SINGLE movie that we have watched there there's either someone freely chatting on their cell phone or with the person next to them. I can pretty much COUNT on that.

The last movie we watched there was "Harry Potter III," and this two girls behind us started talking uninterruptedly as soon as the movie began. It's like they were unable to enjoy the movie without discussing it THROUGHOUT the entire movie. Right away I knew I would not be able to sit through the ENTIRE movie with these two BITCHES sitting behind me. (And yes, I am very bitter about the issue.) Finally we decided to move up and to the far left of the theater, the two seaters, with no one in front of or behind us.

We employed the same strategy today, it seems the only way I am able to enjoy a movie in Pacific Town Square All Stadium 14 located on 4665 Clairemont Drive. For the first 10-15 minutes into the movie, someone had obviously smuggled in outside food, which I couldn't care less. After all, I don't work for the theater. But you know that annoying sound that plastic grocery bags make? Imagine 10-15 mins of that in a theater. So lucky the guy was some 3-4 rows above us. Hubby claimed he didn't hear a thing. He is a lucky man.

Occasionaly through the rest of the movie, I can hear people making comments from the CENTER part of the CENTER asile, approximately 2 rows above us. (We are talking about a good 10 feet from where we sat.) I couldn't really make out what he or she was saying, but wow, he or she must be talking LOUD. I am working on a strategy to ensure that nobody will sit in the rows directly in front of and behind us in the future. :)

Oh, by the way, it was Will Smith's "I, Robot" that we watched. I loved it. Action filled. I couldn't even find a break long enough to go use the restroom. I give it A++ (best part was all the jerks in the theater were too far away to bother me :). Hubby on the other hand only gave it a B, "too predictable and some bad acting" was his comment. :(

Next week there's Matt Damon's "Bourne Supremacy," the week after that there's M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village," (maybe even Danzel Washington's "Manchurian Candidate") and the following week there's Tom Cruise's "Collateral." Summer is cooooool. Anyone can suggest a theater in San Diego without selfish bastards??