Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, July 29, 2004

San Diego. San Diegans.

So Comic-Con was over and hubby and I didn't go. Mainly because we are too cheap to shell uot $30 per head to go in for all 30 minutes. Neither one of us is a comic fan, well, I like manga, but I don't really read them in English, so that's a moot point. I sorta wanted to go not because I'm interested in the stuff there but for the atmosphere, and that one doesn't always get to live at a place where it's happening. And that's the reason why I dig San Diego -- it's where it's happening. But man, are San Diego movie-goers obnoxious in the theaters. I literally bitch about my horrible theater experience on here after EVERY SINGLE MOVIE that we went to, which is like about every week.

The very last movie we went to was "Bourne Supremacy," but don't ask me how's the movie. I spent literally half the time in the theater pissed off at the folks next to us. You see, we decided to try a different theater than Pacific, so we went to AMC. We went there short before the movie start so majority of the seats are taken. We (stupid hubby really) decided to take a chance and not sit on the left section, so we picked a row close to the back. There were two girls at the very end, we skipped a seat, take the next two, and there's another empty one between hubby and the guy next to him.

Not too long before the movie start, these four very trashy people came and demanded the couple next to us to move so the four of them can sit in a row. Unfortunately for us, the couple decided to scoop the other way, making hubby next to this group. Well, each of them has a cell phone and did not stop using them through out pretty much the entire movie. They didn't talk loud enough so I can hear, except toward the very end of the movie where asshole #1 said "I'll call you back in 20 mins." All of them have the same model of phones, the ones that the ENTIRE phone glows when activated. Yeah, so every 5 minute or so there'll be this light source coming from next to us. A single guy sat next to me and he was okay, but the two girls at the end were whispering through the whole movie. Yet another wonderful experience at a San Diego theater.

Sacramento might not have conventions and such, but at least I can enjoy a movie in peace. Not to mention the affordable housing...