Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Generation of Disposable Products

I LOVE disposable products. It's probably not too environmentally friendly, no matter what they say, but I stand by them anyway. I think I own every disposable products that make that I remotely use, including disposable contact lens that I rarely use.

It all started from the Swiffer Wet Jet (disposable mop basically). I saw their commercial and that was it for me. I had to have one. For a germsphobe like me, this is a must have.

The Swiffer duster was yet another blessing. It's inexpensible, it's disposable, AND it works like a champ. For some odd reason hubby just knew I have something like that. He actually asked me what I had for dusting (though I never dust :) when he wanted to clean his computer area.

My personal favorite was Scrubble Bubbles' disposable toilet brush. Oooh, how I used to hate that puddle left behind by the toilet brush inside it's holder. It's disgusting!! Now it's all gone. :D

I feel very lucky living in this era. (Of course women 50 years from now will probably say the same thing.. and probably more true than someone saying it now. Hahaha)

To top it all, I've discover the ultimate disposable product -- kitty litter box. You heard me right. Disposable kitty litter box. You set up the kitty litter, use it for two weeks, then toss the whole thing away. No more cleaning needed!!! I was estactic when I heard it on the commercial. Of course I have to buy it the very next day. I could never keep up with my cat. And the litter box was also the major deterring factor that I am not getting a second cat. Now I can have as many kitty as I want. :)) Okay, maybe not.

They say catsj' meowing differ depending on what they are trying to say. My cat has this funky long meowing sound whenever we get out of the bathroom. We think she's scolding us for locking her out of the bathroom. :) The short and well spaced out ones are "feed me" call. And I think the other annoying one is "clean my litter box now" call. :D

I have yet to get her to use the new litter box. :( Today I'm going to try to add some of her regular litter in as suggested and see if I have any luck. Or I should just remove her old one altogether. Hehehe.

Okay, informercial time is over. We will soon be back to our regular programming.