Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Home Theater

Hubby and I went home theater shopping. :) There's at least 3 movies out that I really wanted to watch, but I think I just might get into a fist fight with some scumbags if I ever go to another movie here in San Diego. So I've decided to just wait for the DVD to be released. And this has strengthened my desire to have a home theater. :)

And when I say home theater, I mean something that looks like from this website:

Acoustic Innovations

Maybe not as elaborate.

It was really my thing. For the longest time hubby was saying that's a perfect waste of a perfect room. But I think he's starting to see it from my point of view. XD

I showed him the above website. Silly hubby thought those are just 70" big screen TVs. Hah! He couldn't be more wrong. They are actually 100"+ screens that go with projectors!! So the costs for an entire setup of a home theater is as follow:

Projector: $2,000 - $15,000
Screen: $2,000 - $3,500
Acoustic Room: $1,500 - $15,000
Theater seatings: $2,500 a pop :D

So we can reasonably have one for the low, low price of $25,000. I guess that Prius will just have to wait. :D