Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Sunday, October 31, 2004

My Satelite Radio Saga V - The Finale (Yeah Right)

So after all the struggle with my satellite radio I STILL have to take it back. Don't get me wrong, I have no ill feelings for XM. In fact, you'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead fingers if only I can get a semi-decent signal. (Once again, I won't blame this on XM because it does say on their website that the antenna needs to be placed at "South facing window with a clear view to the sky.") As it stands, I get about 2 stations on a good morning and a few more stations in the afternoon, for some odd reasons reception always tend to get better towards the evening. On a cloudy/rainy day I can't get a complete sentence from ANY stations. So it's back to the store it goes. :(

And I found this on the XM website today:

Oh, NOW they came out with it. Okay, it's actually not available till December. Without this chitty job that I have right now, I am not sure how much time I'd spend listening to radio. It's going to cost $349.99 along with vehicle accessory kit, home accessory kit, rechargeable, integrated battery, headphones, remote controls, the whole kit and kabudo. I wonder how good the reception is going to be.

***
Countdown: 25 Days, 581 Hours