Banana Tree House

This is a blog on my incoherent thoughts and painstaking details of my life. Welcome and please consider this the disclaimer...

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Sutter Medical Group Rocks

I feel the need to advertisement today. Today is by far my happiest day since hubby has gone on deployment. Why? I had a doctor appointment. Why would that make it a good day, you might ask. Well let's see:

(1) I didn't have to wait two months from an appointment, which for some reason I got the previous few times I tried to go see a doctor.

(2) EVERYBODY, and again, I mean EVERYBODY -- the receptionist, the assistant, the doctor, the receptionist at the lab, AND the phlebotomist -- are extremely cheerful and friendly. And that doesn't happen very often.

(3) I didn't have to wait for two and a half hours at the waiting area before the doctor was available to see me. That, too, was a first. In fact, I was still filling out my medical history form when they called my name, "Just bring that with you and finish it up later"!!! Holy cow. I thought I was on a different planet.

(4) The doctor was friendly AND she LISTENS AND answers my questions!!! And none of the staff were condescending and stuff and make you feel like you are subhuman.

I used to work for UC Davis Medical Center and also went there as a patient. Oh boy. You didn't feel like you were going to see a doctor, you think you were there asking a loan shark to postpone the return date the way you were treated. So I must say: Sutter Medical Group Rocks!!!

***
28 Days, 673 Hours